My Faves!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wise Words from Dr. Seuss

"Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind."

Dr. Seuss just summed up my entire life with that statement. hahahahaha How great is that? hahahaha

I have had a very trying past couple of weeks. I am just very unhappy in Pattaya and one day it occurred to me that I could easily fix this by simply moving. Now the problem is is that I don't know if it's worth it. I tried making pro and con lists and blah blah blah, but I just have no idea. I'm tired of not having friends around to call or just hang out with or of not being able to walk down the street without being harassed. It's very frustrating. It is November 30th though, and December is a choppy month with a lot of traveling involved and then I only have to make it until the middle of March before I begin my great backpacking adventure- where I can make my "residence" Bangkok... If anybody has any thoughts or advice, I'd really appreciate it because I'm really terrible at making decisions.

I wasn't looking forward to this weekend very much because I had absolutely no plans and everybody was off doing other things, but it has been a very good weekend of rest for me. I have basically slept ALL weekend. haha For some really strange reason sleep slipped on my priority list and it got me all off and weird, but now I'm back to normal and I feel like myself again. hahahaha It's fabulous. I've missed me. hahaha Then in a rush of panic I realized yesterday that I had a three day weekend coming up and nothing to do, soooo... I decided to take a vacation! haha I'm planning to go to Koh Samet for the weekend. Hopefully it works out. It'll be my first real trip by myself, so we'll see how it goes. hahaha I'm a little bit nervous. hahaha It'll be great though, cause then when I get back I will only have two days of work and then it's Constitution Day- off from work, take the GRE in Bangkok on Thursday... and I figure I'll just stay in Bangkok for the rest of the week and forget about work on Friday. hahahaha Mai bpen rai. hahaha I should prolly see if I have a place to stay, but I'll worry about that later. haha

On a side note- I tried a new fruit the other day. hahaha It was a custard apple (noinaa). It looks like an artichoke and you peel the little nubs off and eat it and it's delicious, but full of seeds. I was pretty excited about trying it because I have been really curious about what it was for about a month or so now. I also tried durian- which was really gross and it stunk up my whole room. It was a huge disappointment, but at least now I can say I've had it. hahahaha

1 comment:

Kelli said...

You'll get it all figured out Katherine! I'm excited you're going to take a trip by yourself. I think it's brave!!! =) Love you
MOM xoxo