My Faves!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Power

I'm definitely not feeling the power this week, in any sense. hahaha

The power in South Pattaya was out for 11 1/2 hours today. Lucky for me, I had a job to go to, that is just outside of South Pattya, so I didn't have to suffer the entire day without air conditioning, but I did have to come home to a pitch dark street. Plus my laundry didn't get done because of it and now my uniform isn't clean for tomorrow and I have nothing to wear. I don't know what to do about that, but oh well. I'm happy they got the electric going a few minutes ago though, because going to bed without a fan would not be a fun experience and I would be really grouchy tomorrow. haha

I'm not feeling the power in my classroom. hahaha My class is out of control this week. I have no idea why. It isn't a holiday or anything. I always got in trouble last year for being too much like a friend to my students and I think that might be happening again. I feel kinda weird saying this, but my kids love me way too much. hahahaha My little four year olds have also seemed to figure out that I enjoy coloring and playing with play-doh just as much as they do, and they have learned to take advantage of that. It's a problem. The Thai culture likes to see worksheets, even for four year olds. I've got to buckle down and get serious. hahaha

Not to mention my two year old class has 33 students in it now. Have you ever seen 33 2 year olds in one room before? It's really frightening. I'm having nightmares about it.

Their is one student who is definitely paying attention to me though, Plot. Oh man. If you remember, Plot is the baby (18 months now, I think) that I give "private English lessons" to after school. Plot's dad, Eric, and I were talking the other day and Eric went to pick him up and Plot started screaming his little head off and he ran straight to me and practically climbed up my leg to be held. Eric managed to laugh it off, but then Plot called me "mama" today in front of his Grandma. This is a HUGE problem. Grandma doesn't speak English, but I'm positive she knows what that means. I hope they don't fire me for this. It's really not my fault his parents are overacheivers and workaholics / successful business-people and he is confused by who his mom is.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Cute little Plot!! They always know who their mom is. Mom is just a word!! Really!! =)

I hope you are doing good Katherine Hanna. I hope we get to talk soon. Love You!! MOM XOXO