My Faves!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekending in Bangkok


I got back from Bangkok last night at 10 pm and we had no water! Woke up this morning and still, no water! Got home from school this afternoon- no water! Do you see a trend? Do you think this is a problem?

That's a different story though.

This weekend was fun. It started off with going to see the best Elvis impersonator in all of Southeast Asia. I know it is because that's how it's advertised. haha It truly was amazing though. The rendition of "Wiwa Las Wegas" was fabulous and I will always remember it. He totally got into character and was feeling the groove.

Saturday, I took a car with James and Ryan to Bangkok while they moved into their new apartment. We got there early afternoon and we hung out for a while and waited for Kate and Lannie to come over. It was good to hear how everybody was doing in their new lives there. That night we went to Little Lebanon for dinner and had some amazing Middle Eastern food. Then we were off to Cheap Charlie's for a couple of drinks. On the way we stopped at this awesome little "Asian treasures" store, where I bought a couple of really funky humongous rings. We met up with Ryan's new girl- Fern, who was super sweet and nice. Then Ryan, Fern, James, and I headed over to Khoasan, the major backpackers area to go to a club for some dancing. This place was intense. The lights were insane and people had glow sticks and the techno was pumping. hahaha Anyways, we danced till 2 in the morning. hahaha

Candid me and James at Cheap Charlie's.

Me and Lannie and our new jewels. haha

The next day we were pretty tired, so we did a lot of hanging out. Took a dip in the pool with James and went paddle boating with Ryan before I had to get to the skytrain to take me to the bus station. I was pretty nervous about getting to the bus station and figuring out how to get back to Pattaya. I am really bad at the directions thing, but I must say, I am getting a little bit better. Just a little bit though. I found everything okay though, I just paid very close attention to all the metro stops and asked a lot of questions. hahaha

Anyways, back to the beginning of this blog and to where I am now. I have no water. It is really unfortunate. They aren't sure what is wrong. I tried to shower this morning using a small bottle of water. haha Don't worry, I showered at the kindergarten today. haha I might do that tomorrow again, just in case. Last week I had to deal with power outages and this week it's the water... talk about unfortunate.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Katherine Hanna! Sounds like you had a great time in Bangkok! Yippee!! I miss you but keep up the fun!! LOL Love you!! MOM XOXO

Lyndsey said...

i died when i read the "wiva las wegas." and who is this cute james boy in your picture? love!