My Faves!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

WiFi, Barbeque, and Halloween

I got WiFi! haha It's such a wonderful thing to be able to check your email whenever you want and not feel bad about using one of the two internet connections. I can check my people.com, watch the music channel, and sit in the air conditioning all at one time! An unfathomable idea!

The reason we have WiFi is because my job starts in a couple weeks with the skyping and we need to be able to skype at all times. This week, Tim and I have started emailing people and answering their questions. I feel very official and sound much more knowledgable than I feel, but I suppose I actually do know this stuff, I just never say it so business-like. So, I've been busy with the skype training and the emailing and the languagecorping. haha I'm trying to get caught up on it today.

I'm a little behind because I've been trying to spend time with people before they all leave Pattaya. I really liked all the people that went to Laos and had such a great time with them and they are leaving this weekend to go off to their separate jobs and volunteer opportunities. A few of them are going to be in Bangkok though and I'm super excited for many weekend trips to visit!

On Thursday Phoenix Kindergarten had a barbeque for all the teachers after school. I thought it'd be like what I see on the streets everyday- chicken on a stick, hahaha, but it was a real thai barbeque and more like Chinese style hot pot. It was a lot of fun hanging out with all the Thai teachers and cooking our food together. It was the first time I got to hang out, not during school hours, with all the Thai teachers, and not just Mei, Kung, and Ooii. They are just all so nice! I can't even explain it! I just feel so welcome all the time.

Yesterday was Halloween and Thai people don't celebrate Halloween. Actually, nobody really celebrates Halloween except Americans. haha I keep asking other people, and everybody thinks it's kinda stupid. haha Anyways, it's kinda here in Pattaya because of the ex-pats. So, I went out for a "graduation dinner" for some of the people and then Ryan, James, and I split off and went down to Walking Street. I guess normal 20 year olds get really into Halloween, because they seemed really excited about it. They got all dressed up and decided to go as Pattaya Local Farangs. They got huge glasses to wear and tank tops that they stuffed to have a beer gut, fake tattoos... the works. It was hilarious! I laughed all night. It was such a nice change of laughing at the locals instead of being completely disgusted with them.

What an interesting place I live in.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kataratta! I miss you. Glad you are having fun and have unlimited internet :)

Kelli said...

I'm glad you had fun on Halloween!! Kristen took Kaysen trick or treating dressed up as pirates! They were too cute. =)
I'm glad you have been having a good time. I miss you! LOVE YOU! MOM XOXO