My Faves!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

So, Koh Samet didn't happen. It's kindof a complicated story and not very interesting, so I'm not gonna share it. haha But I went there and it wasn't gonna work out and so I came back. haha All in one day.

So, Tricia and I were talking last night about Christmas and how she was hoping she was excused from it because she was in Thailand and all and I told her that I thought we probably were. haha I think because of that convo I woke up this morning kindof sad that it was December 7th and I hadn't gotten in the holiday spirit at all. I just realized today that I completely missed the Thanksgiving Day parade (which I ALWAYS watch) and I didn't get to make the stuffing (and if I do say so myself, I make THE BEST stuffing) and I didn't even notice. So I got a little sad that I wasn't going to get to watch White Christmas or The Santa Claus, make my peppermint bark or help frost cookies with my mom and sister, missing the annual Homie Christmas get together, roommate things, building gingerbread houses with Anna, haha, stuff like that.

To fix this problem, I went to the store and bought a Christmas tree! haha When I came home to put it up, I youtubed some Christmas music to listen too. haha It is 2 feet tall and has a Santa hat on top of it with candy canes all over it. I'm very excited about it! It tends to topple over sometimes cause it's a bit wobbly, but it's my Christmas tree!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

i just have one thing to say WHERE ARE YOU???????? I feel like we haven't talked recently.

i'm glad you got a tree. it looks perfect. if it makes you feel better my tree is a bit crooked. i kept trying to straighten it but it just wasn't cooperating. oh well, it is my tree just like your tree is yours! YAY for our trees!! LOVE YOU MOM XOXO

Unknown said...

maybe we can video teleconference homie christmas... we'll have to do it at like 8 am our time so you can participate :)