My Faves!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Real Post Office

I finally made it out to the real post office! Butt took me out there on Saturday morning! I'm an early bird, so we arrived a few minutes before the post office was even open and I was the third person in line. I came out with a much bigger package than I anticipated and I was worried we wouldn't be able to get back with it on the motorbike, but Butt surprised me with his balancing act skills by strategically placing it upfront with him. I have no idea how he drove with such ease. I made it back to Languagecorps and ran to my room where I tore open the package to find a bright pink new small camera, christmas pyjamas, cds my sister made me, socks, candy and cookies and cards. It was very exciting and festive!

The rest of the weekend was devoted to doing my usual things in Pattaya that I enjoy, because I decided it's my last weekend here. On Friday night I went and got a massage and wandered around. I attempted to go to bed early, but I managed to get sick over the week and was up all night coughing. Luckily I had gone to the pharmacy and gotten antibiotics and meds earlier that evening so I was prepared and am already better. The pharmacy trip was interesting because all I had to do was go in and ask for some antibiotics. They just gave them to me, no questions asked. Anyways, then Saturday I went to the weekend market where I went Christmas shopping for myself. haha I bought a fake coach side bag that I've wanted for a while. It was lots of fun. I got a pretty good deal on it too. Then today I went to Koh Larn with Ben (the new me, he took my job at Phoenix and at LanguageCorps) and with Elise and Tanya (teachers at Phoenix). It was a pretty good last weekend here.

I'm really excited for this week! Tomorrow I have two interviews in Bangkok! YaY! Everybody cross your fingers that one of them works out! Then Wednesday is my last day of work / Christmas Eve / and the the Phoenix Christmas Show! haha Then Thursday is Christmas! Then Friday, I think (if I'm packed and ready) I'm moving!

YaY!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Good Luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS (have lots of fun with everyone) and happy moving!! I miss you. Love you, MOM XOXO