My Faves!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Leaving The Villa

I am now in Pattaya, Thailand. In a few hours, I will somehow be making my way to Koh Chang, which is Thailand's second largest island and can be trasnslated into "Elephant Island." My last couple days in Cambodia were lots of fun. My last night was crazy. We were planning on going to the infamous Koffee Korner for dinner and happy hour before meeting everybody at the Mekong River to catch the boat ride. Well, all of a sudden the sky opened up and monsooned all over the place. We were going to wait it out, but us at the villa were hungry. We practically swam to Koffee Korner. I don't think I have ever been that dirty before in my entire life. The rain kept coming down as we were trying to get there and all I kept thinking about were the two dead rats that I saw that morning on the street when I was walking, not to mention the piles and piles of garbage that are usually on the street. All the Cambodian kids were on the street playing in the rain because it was prolly the cleanest the have ever been. hahaha We made it to Koffee Korner sopping wet and had dinner and then headed back out into the rain to get back to the villa where Dara was picking us up. Then we went out to the riverside to meet everybody. Lucky for us the rain had stopped by the time we had gotten on the boat. We floated the Mekong for a couple hours just talking and hanging out. By the time we got off everybody wanted to go a bar. I was tired, I went to the bar anyway and watched everybody be stupid. It was entertaining. hahahaha They had connect 4 there which is such a genius idea. America should really remember that. Anyways, I had to leave in the middle of class yesterday to catch my flight back to Pattaya. I'm really going to miss all my villa roommates. Hopefully I'll get to see some of them in Vietnam sometime this year. I am staying at the school here, which is nice because it has internet and I can hook my computer up to it! YaY! haha So I can finally put up some pics!
Eating lunch at the OKAY! guest house is lots of fun every day!
Coffee in a bag! Genius idea-until the bag breaks...

The best mode of transportation= tuk tuk!


Check out my awesome pants! The whole group in front of Cambodia's Royal Palace!

My lovely room on the porch.




2 comments:

Kelli said...

i love the pics katherine hanna! i can't wait to talk to you again!! love you. xoxo

Petros said...

that was some delicious coffee in a bag... too bad yours broke :p
- Peter