My Faves!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bungalow 405

I have finally lived my dream of going to a resort by myself. I just came back from the most wonderful and blissful weekend of my entire life in Koh Chang, translated "Elephant Island". Rick and Indy (two of my teachers), and I and traveled to Koh Chang on Friday morning by car and ferry. I had absolutely no idea what I was in for for the weekend. I have decided that it is best to just not ask questions and come prepared for anything. To my extremely pleasant surprise we pulled up to a resort. :) I have never been a happier girl. Not only were we at a resort, but I had an entire room to myself! Complete with western toilet, toilet paper, pillow, CLEAN sheets, shower, and bath tub! I was in heaven!

That afternoon, Indy and I walked along the white sandy beaches just enjoying the sunshine. We found these amazing swings that are tied to the huge palm trees, so we literally got to swing over the ocean! It was so fun! Then the three of us went to dinner on the beach. I ordered fish. They waiter came out with a whole fish, eyes included. haha Apparently I didn't eat most of the nutritious parts of the fish, ie: eyes, cheeks, guts, things they don't serve in America, but the fish was fabulous. haha The next day I spent by myself. I went running on the beach in the morning and pretended I was cool enough to do that even though I'm not. haha Then I spent the entire day going from the ocean to the pool and back again. It was absolutely amazing. I kept thinking I was going to go get a massage, but then I'd go look at the ocean again and I couldn't tear myself away from it. Thailand must be the most beautiful place on the planet. That night we went out for an early dinner to the this seaside area place... haha All these restaurants and shops that sit on docks on the water. It was fun. I finally got to try papaya salad. I had it with crab. Rick and Indy thought I was crazy for ordering it because it's really spicy. I kept insisting that I liked spicy food. I don't think they thought I could handle it. I loved it. Then Indy and I went swinging again, we love the swings. This morning we got up to go to the waterfall. It was amazing. We hiked up through this jungle area and at the end of the hike was the waterfall and I went swimming in it. Rick and Indy weren't there yet (they were kinda slow... ) and I asked a Thai family to take my picture for me in front of the waterfall. Then they all wanted to take a picture with me. I'm prolly gonna find about 20 different pictures of me with different Thai people on the internet now. hahaha

Now I'm back in Pattaya writing a lesson plan. I am student teaching my first class tomorrow. Apparently I will be student teaching them for the next two weeks. I've never been to observe a class or met them or anything, so it works very differently than it does at home. I am teaching adult beginners and they are learning about object pronouns. It should be fun. We are playing a lot of games. I think we'll start off with 20 questions, cause I need to get to know them and their jobs and stuff. Anyways, it should be interesting. I should go figure out how to make some game cards and stuff... hmmm... I don't have any materials...

My mission tomorrow: buy a pillow.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Katherine you are amazing!! I love you! xoxo MOM

Ashley said...

OMG that swing is amazing! I would probably swing on it all the time! :) I'm glad you had a good weekend!

marty said...

hi katherine! it's gorgeous over there - it looks like you are having an amazing time! we have been thinking about you and know that you are going to touch so many people's lives over there and they will never forget you - how could they!?! we both love you very much. happy travels! have fun and be safe. love marty & jeff xoxo

melissa said...

talk about heaven on earth.....i would never want to leave. chad is so jealous. love