My Faves!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fitne

The story about my stomach-

A long time ago Tricia accidently bought a bottle of Bailey's. That sounds really silly and you probably think I'm lying, but it's true. One night last week, we decided to rent a movie and finally drink some Bailey's, but we didn't want to drink coffee because it would keep us up at night. We decided to head to 7-Eleven and we bought the only brand of tea they had that came in little individual packets. We bought green tea and chrysanthemum tea. It was called Fitne.

We came home and tried the two different flavors of tea with the Bailey's. It was delicious! We each had about 3 very large mugs of it.

Well, I went to bed pretty early, around 10:30. At midnight I woke up and had to run to the bathroom. Let me just skip this part and tell you that I didn't get any sleep that night and I REALLY did not feel well.

My alarm went off at 6 the next morning and I didn't think I was going to make it to work, but alas- I was sick last week and I knew that I was just going to have to figure something out. I went and woke Tricia up to see if she had any Immodium. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I was kindof relieved when Tricia informed me that she was having the same kind of trouble. I was also very disappointed to hear that no, she did not have any immodium to give me. Oh no...

The entire way to school I kept trying to think of why we would both be sick. I had no idea what it could be because we didn't eat any of the same food and what else could possibly make two people so sick? When I made my morning stop at 7-Eleven it occurred to me that the only thing we both had was the tea and Bailey's. I went to look at the packages of tea. In tiny writing, in plain English, on the back of the bag it says "Indication: laxative."

My jaw hit the floor. I had been drinking glasses upon glasses of laxatives mixed with alcohol. Worst idea ever.

The next FEW days (yes, multiple days) were spent drinking rehydration packets and eating yogurt. We found out that Fitne was a whole line of laxatives, from pills to coffee, teas, and ginger drinks. Fitne- the Thai way to lose weight. Absolutely disgusting.

As unfortunate as this event was, it has also provided us with multiple long laughing sessions!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

OMG!! That sounds awful! I bet you won't do that again!!!! Can't wait to see you. It's coming up soon! YaY!! Love you MOM xoxo