My Faves!

Friday, September 4, 2009

My Little Bunnies and Ducklings

Hello! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I was home for a month which was wonderful. I saw so many people and got to do everything I wanted to, going to target, watching food network, baking thousands upon thousands of cookies, watching tv, sonic, hanging out and doing nothing with the besties, Waco. It was the best. It was great just seeing everybody!

When I got back things were a little hectic. My roommate left to go back to the US and things at work did not go very well. I didn't get back to Bangkok until Sunday night at 10 and then I had to be at work for the first day of school at 7 the next morning, plus really bad jetlag. I arrived at work and starting putting things away in my classroom and found out that I wasn't teaching K3 anymore... then they put me in the nursery classroom for a few days. They were unsure of what class I was teaching. Then the ESl teacher was gone, so I taught 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade ESL for a couple weeks. It was so frustrating. I came very close to telling them that I couldn't work there anymore. It's not like teaching ESL was bad ( I actually really enjoyed it and would've kept doing it if they needed me), but I didn't have a permanent class and I was doing Elementary and Kindergarten schedules and teacher duties. Nobody really knew what to do with me.

Anyways, starting last Monday, I have officially been a nursery classroom teacher. I can't lie, I was bummed. I'm not the best with babies and I love 5 and 6 year olds. However, I am working with Aubrey, another American around my age, and we have two wonderful TA's, Chu and Jim. They are a great group of people to be working with. Super positive and laid back. It's always happy. haha Aubrey had waited a little while to get a nursery schedule and routine going, so I could be a part of everything, which I appreciated so so much because I missed out on that last year too. So this week we've been organizing our kids and getting a curriculum and everything together. We've done a lot and have a lot of good ideas to keep working on and I'm actually getting excited about nursery kids! haha I never would've thought. haha
We have 15 (I think... haha) little ones, all around 2 years old. We divided them into groups, the bunnies and the ducklings so they'd be easier to manage. This week has been all about learning which group they are in. I made little construction paper bunnies with the bunnies and Aubrey made ducklings with the ducks. For show and tell they brought either a bunny or a duck to share with everyone. It's very very cute! haha
So anyways, I'm finally getting settled back in. It's a three day weekend. Thank goodness. Those 2 year olds wear me out. I'm very excited for the weekend. I want to head to the beach for a little while and then hang out and pool party it up on Monday. YaY for Friday! (Fridays have become an interest on facebook... hahaha)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Finally!!! So good to see something on here! I loved having you home and miss you but am glad you are finally getting settled! Love you!!
MOM
XOXO

hapatrees said...

Fridays are an interest? What about MAMA'S?!?!?! Somebody get on that (says the lazy Tricia who won't do it herself). I miss you Kat- and I'm sorry things haven't turned out the way you expected, but I think bunnies and ducklings can be fun if you do it right. :) And enjoy the beaches..before you know it it'll be cold in the U.S. and I'll be cursing myself for having left!