My Faves!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lizards

Monsoon season has arrived full swing. Unfortunately. (I despise rain.) I was talking to Jessica the other day at work. She's been here about 6 years and I was saying how I was surprised that it didn't rain as much as I thought it would and she was telling me how weird this rainy season has been... I totally jinxed myself.

It POURS everyday. This isn't just rain, this is a storm. A Texas style storm, with BIG thunder. hahaha Anyways, back to the title.

There are a lot of geckos and lizards in Thailand. I don't know what their proper name is, so we will refer to them by both. There is also a window in my bathroom that does not close. haha I suppose I should be bothered by this, but I never really thought about it before. It's just been partially open for the 4 weeks that I've lived here and a bug or lizard will occasionally wander it's way in. haha

My shower is Asian style. Meaning that when you walk into the bathroom their is a shower head on the wall and you shower in the bathroom without a stall and their is a drain on the floor in the middle of the bathroom. So you just shower, next to the toilet and next to the sink and everything...

For some reason, it seems very important that you have all this background information.

Anyways, to the point of this story. It is pouring right now and I decided to take a shower. I was in the shower and I looked up and there are 5 HUGE lizards on the wall! It totally freaked me out!! and I screamed!! hahaha I guess they were retreating from the rain. haha I just wasn't expecting a zoo in my bathroom! Especially while I was showering! Apparently these lizards did not get the memo that Thailand was a very conservative country (I don't think Pattaya got that memo either...).

Anyways, I'm over it now. haha The lizards are still hanging out in the bathroom and I'm making Thai flashcards about being sick. haha Because everybody is sick right now, including me and I feel like it will come in handy in the very near future. haha

It's a very good thing that I got a care package from mom today because some of that might have to be my dinner tonight! haha I don't think this storm is letting up anytime soon!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey Katherine Hanna!! I'm glad you liked the care package from me and Kristen! There was a lot of thought put into it! LOL I hope your lizard roommates are doing well. =) Maybe you are sharing your monster mix with them. HEE HEE I hope to talk to you soon. LOVE YOU!! MOM XOXO

marty said...

hi kat! lizards...i don't seem to mind the little ones - occasionally they get in my house (guess that is partly what the cat is for!) but i can't imagine 5 big ones on the wall in my bathroom!! i hope you feel better soon! i got your email - i have every intention of writing you back, just haven't done it yet. i will soon though! love you!

melissa said...

lizards....gross i probably would have freaked out and ran out of the shower w/ no clothes on then fallen b/c i slipped on the floor and then people would have come in to check on me and i would have been laying there butt naked. DID THAT HAPPEN TO YOU?!

Lyndsey said...

kat, you stinking crack me up (i think i say that every time i comment, lol). i miss you!! i always feel like somebody's missing from CG, but maybe that's cause you are!!!!!!!! so, my nickname is "lyzard" which i thought was relatively funny when i read the latest blog. have fun in the rain! love!!!!!