My Faves!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I am leaving in 5 hours and I am up painting my toes. I seriously doubt that the Chinese, Thais, and Cambodians (?) will care whether or not my toes are pristinely painted, but I will be severely self conscience of them. I didn't really hit me that I would be gone for an entire year until about an hour ago. hahaha I was on the phone with McKenzie and something in my head went "oh crap..." hahahaha. Or maybe it was when about 15 minutes before that Kristen gave me a really sweet card and it made me start to tear up for the first time. This is very unlike me. I'm usually a crier. hahaha Maybe something is wrong with me. haha I usually go up to my room and cry by myself and hide from people. I haven't been doing that. I'm been unusually fine.

I have gotten to see all my wonderful friends this week though. It has been great. Last weekend all the roommates were together and I had a great time. I would love to go back to Waco and live with them again. Life would be perfect. hahaha I've been to dinner with Leaza and Erika which was hilarious and wonderful, had the perfect turkey sandwich from subway with Anna (haha), sat around and did nothing with Ashley :), and have been to sonic happy hour 6 days in a row to get my diet strawberry limeade. Fabulous. And to top it all off, I went and got ice cream with the mom and sister tonight and it tasted like absolute heaven. Life has been good.

I don't know if all of you know this, but back in April I planted a seed. haha I bought a seed and pot from Target in the dollar section and named him Emilio. Well, he blossomed this week!! He is a sunflower! And I'm really excited that he blosssomed before I left! I'm a proud parent! haha

The next time I post, I'll be in China! I'm excited to read "Twilight" on the plane tomorrow. I feel like that is good quality plane-reading material. haha I'll let you know how it is!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Good luck Kat! We will be thinking of you allllll year. I love all of your pics of cousins and even aunts. All your aunts except me...
Have fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I look forward to reading your amazing adventures for the next year! You are doing an incredible and awesome thing!

P.s. Twilight is amazing, so are the 2 other books after it. I don't know if I could read it on a plane, haha, it's kind of intense, haha. Let me know if you like it! I just started reading them this summmer. I'm waiting for the 4th book to come out on August 2nd!

Miss you tons and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

-Jacci-