My Faves!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Just Life

I'm watching one of my students play a bartending game. It's a crowd favorite among my class. I ask them to NOT play it at least 3 times every time we go into the computer lab. I seem to be the only teacher who does not think that it is an acceptable game for 5 and 6 year olds. If I were home, I would assume that they would not understand the purpose of the game, but I'm in Thailand and things are different here and I just am confused. haha Anyways, it bothers me that the website isn't blocked.

That is besides the point though. Their is not a lot going on. Just normal everyday things, which is great. Going to work and hanging out. I did a lot of shopping over the weekend and watched some movies. I get a lot of emails from people telling me that "their lives just aren't as interesting... blah blah blah" haha. But basically it's the same as everybody elses. haha Don't get wrong- I still wake up every morning in disbelief that I live in Thailand, but it isn't like I'm on vacation and at the beach or elephant trekking everyday. haha

But...

I have a week and half left of work and then I'm on a two week vacation for Easter / Songkran. I'm pumped. There are so many things that I want to do, that I change my plans every few hours. At the moment I'm thinking of hitting up Koh Samet (an island) for a few days, get in a few Thai cooking classes (I want a certificate, haha), seeing some Muy Thai, and the big trip to Chiang Mai for Songkran (plus maybe some rafting there... hopefully)!!! Like I said, I'm pumped.
I guess things aren't completely normal. haha But really, most days I go to work and come home and hang out. haha I just have more opportunities than most at my age to do things like go to an island for a few days and participate in a nation wide water fight.

Also, I bought a mango today for less than 50 cents. Can you imagine buying a mango for that cheap in the states?? I love mangoes. Not the easiest things to cut though...

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hi Katherine Hanna! No, I doubt you can buy a mango for 50 cents!! Ha Ha! I miss you. Love you MOM XOXO