My Faves!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Move In

A wonderful thing just happened to me- I was given a bed.

Yesterday was a great day. It was my first day of work at my new job. I work at New Sathorn International School (NSIS) now as one of the Kindergarten 3 teachers. There are two K3 teachers and 21 K3 students. The students travel in-between the two of us, so I only teach 10 or 11 of them at a time. I teach math, computer, and reading centers and Sharon is in charge of Social Studies / Science and Language Arts. It's great. Less preparation and less kids to work with, equals less work. Sharon is an older lady who met her Thai husband in America and moved to Thailand for him about 15 years ago. It's kindof a backwards story. She's really nice.

Not only do I only teach half the students at a time and half the subjects, I still get an assistant. Her name is Note. She's awesome. She's 23 and super stylish and laid back. I can tell we're going to be good friends. We've already arranged it so our lunches overlap. She's Thai but speaks English really really well. It's very impressive. Sharon also has an assistant and her name is Bo. She's extremely helpful. She's been there a long time and knows what she is doing.

My kids are super sweet. They're all sorts of nationalities, except American. I think I have 5 pure Thai's, and then most of the rest are all half Thai and something else- like Greek, French, English, Malaysian, Phillipino, or Japanese. All of their parents are really involved in the school and I already have a few of them who have volunteered to help me every week with reading centers. They're great.

When I got home from work I took a nap. I was exhausted. Afterall, I got up at 5 o'clock that morning. Then, to my excitement, Tricia and I were able to go put down our deposit for our apartment and move in!! We were thrilled to have keys to our own apartment finally!

Moving was incredibly easy. We only had to roll our suitcases down the hall. We are living in the same complex, same floor even, as Ryan and James coincidentally. It'll be a lot of fun to have people around all the time. Our apartment is nice. We each have our own room, bathroom, and balcony. There is a pool and gym on the second floor and laundry machines conveniently across the street. It's good. We are both very excited.

So excited that all of us went out to celebrate for Mexican food last night! It was so incredibly delicious and well deserved! Then we came back and watched Dreamgirls, one of my faves! What a great day!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Katherine Hanna! It all sounds great! I'm really happy for you. I bet you are excited for the pool and gym! And Mexican food?? How was it?? Hope to talk to you soon. Love you MOM XOXO

Lyndsey said...

Kat!!!! Once again, you crack me up and i love reading these. How do you pronounce Note? Is it like a note you write or something else? And how was Thai Mexican food? Mexican food north of Dallas isn't even good, i can't imagine somewhere so far away from Mexico, lol! Love you and miss you!!!