My Faves!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Doraemon


One of the reasons Tricia and I make such good roommates is because we are both obsessed with 7-Eleven and the recent promotion that they are doing. haha 7-Eleven has this thing going where every 40 baht you spend you get a silver Doraemon sticker which equals 1 baht and they have special items that they change every so often that is worth a gold Doraemon sticker, which is 3 baht. They give you these little passbooks that we keep our stickers in. Now, we can either redeem these stickers for cash OR we can work to get the special prizes that they offer. All the prizes are Doraemon themed. The best prizes are the terry cloth trash can, clock, bowl set, and pop up chair.

Tricia and I rock at getting stickers. haha We are the best. Neither of us can go to 7-Eleven anymore without spending 40 baht. I get this guilty feeling every time I go in there without getting a sticker. We are also very lucky with the gold stickers this month because the special items include diet coke, yogurt, and pork buns- some of our favorite things that we must have every day. haha Basically, I've been drinking a disgusting amount of diet coke in order to get stickers. hahaha

Well a very exciting thing happened last weekend- we were able to redeem our stickers in order to get the bowl set! haha We had to wait a few days in order to go pick them up, but they are now sitting proudly in our kitchen. Now we are working to get the clock, and I think we are going to be able to get it very soon!

As a side note- Doraemon is very popular here. I always see Doraemon pajamas and slippers being sold on the street and my students talk about it all the time. They actually watched it on the van ride to Bang Saen, but I wasn't able to see it. I decided that I should probably see it since I now own the bowl set, so I went and rented the Doraemon movie last night to watch. haha Unfortunately, it's in Thai, but it's still pretty cute and at least I get to practice my Thai a bit. :)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

hi katherine hanna!! sounds like you are keeping busy going to 7-11. ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! i know you are because when i was there we went several times too!! LOL love you! mom XOXO