My Faves!

Monday, October 27, 2008

October / Summer Holiday-ing

October is over and my mom just left and now I'm sad. haha I looked forward to October for a really long time and now it's over. Anyways, It's kinda frustrating.

Having my mom here was so fun though! We did lots of stuff and had an itinerary for each day that she was here. It stormed really bad each day, but we managed to do most everything on our "to do" list.

She got in really late on a Friday night so we spent the night in Bangkok and the next day we got up and explored the Chuckachuck (sp?) market, which is the biggest market in Thailand. Supposedly the whole thing is about the size of 7 football fields. We were supposed to go to the Royal Palace after that but it closed for Buddha Day. Mei told me that Buddha Day is a day at the end of rainy season where the head monk isn't allowed to leave the temple, but I'm still really confused.

When we got to Pattaya, my mom just basically wanted to see what I do everyday. We managed to sneak in a Thai massage and a foot massage into our "busy" schedule in just a few days, go to the Jim Thompson (the Thai silk guy) store a few times, and have a banana pancake about every other day. haha We went to the island (Koh Larn- Coral Island) one day, which was great to relax on the beach and swim. We also went out to the Sriracha Tiger Zoo where we saw a crocodile show, tiger show, and elephant show. We also tried crocodile satay! haha It tasted like chicken. haha



The best few days were when we went to Koh Chang (Elephant Island). We stayed on Klong Prao beach where it is quieter, but the first night we went down to White Sand beach to have dinner and wander around some shops. The next morning we went elephant trekking! Elephant trekking was really fun! My mom and I were the only white people in our group, so we got some special privelages- like, I got to climb on the elephants neck to sit! haha It was really fun! Then we laid out all day and went to Bang Bao Bay for dinner and shopping that night! The next morning we went to Klong Plu waterfall, which was beautiful, but kindof scary because it had been raining so much and the rocks were slippery!

On Sunday we went out to eat with Mei, Kung, and Ooii (the principal, vice-principal, and a teacher from school). Then they treated us to the Alcazar show, which was not good. hahahahaha But it was nice of them. Then mom got to come to work with me today which was fun because she got to see what I do! haha

Anyways, it's been a great couple of weeks! Now I've really gotta go figure out what to do tomorrow with my class! haha The copying never seems to get done here... haha

2 comments:

Genessa said...

How fun that your mom came! Sounds like you had a good time, and you rode an elephant! Way to go! So when are you coming to Vietnam?

I laughed out loud when I saw the Jim Thompson store comment....I can hear it now....
"Where can I find a notebook?"
"At the Jim Thompson store."
"Is it expensive?"
"Yes, it's expensive."
Ahhh, Cambodia... :)

Kelli said...

Hi Katherine Hanna!! I had a great time with you! You were a perfect hostess!! LOL I'm trying to get caught up today. You know I have a long "to do" list the next couple of weeks. Talk to you soon. Love you, MOM XOXO