My Faves!

Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm home!

Hi, I'm home!

I got home a couple days ago. The flight went pretty smoothly and I have managed to tackle jet lag pretty well. I left at about midnight on Friday night and managed to stay awake all night until I got to Korea, so I could sleep all the way from Korea to Dallas and be awake when I got here all day. I have no idea how I managed that, but it worked out pretty well. Lots of coffee I suppose.

It's a little bit weird being home, not around people or anything (that's all the same-same), but little things like using a dish washer, people wearing shoes inside houses, using a fork and knife to eat, the bed is so soft (and so wonderful), seeing squirrels run across the street instead of rats... stupid little things like that. I've also been taking advantage of eating a lot of berries, turkey, quacomole, steak, and salad (yum), but nothing seems to be spicy enough, no matter how many jalapenos are added. I think the thing I've noticed most is how I don't really need to walk anywhere. It's driving me nuts. haha My legs seriously need to stretch. (I'm about to go for a walk, no worries.) But it's kinda strange having to think about that when it comes naturally in Thailand because you walk everywhere.

Anyways, just wanted to give a quick update. My last couple days in Bangkok were lots and lots of fun. My friends, Nam and Fern, cooked a few of us a homemade Thai meal which was superb and there was lots of hanging out and being silly. It was great.

It's good to be home!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm glad you are home, if only for awhile...MOM xoxo