My Faves!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Boston Cream Pie

I went to Boston last weekend for the first time! I was so incredibly excited to go see that city, it's been hyped up a lot over the past few years from several people, and it did not disappoint! Anna and I left early Saturday morning and got on the bus for a few hours. When we got there, it was freeeezing. That was my first reaction. My second reaction was- "why is my hat not in my purse?" Of course, forgot my hat. haha I know that this doesn't contribute much to Boston, but I have never in my entire life ever been in such cold weather. Not good when you were planning on walking around all day and then you forgot your hat. But oh well. I got over and it gave me a good excuse to buy something at the amazingly huge Urban Outfitters that Anna kept talking about.

After burritos, we began our walk on the Freedom Trail, which has a zillion colonial sites on it. We didn't manage to do the entire thing (it was very very cold), but we did manage to see Boston Common, the State House, a very cool church (it had little rooms for the pews, I had never seen that before, very very cute), Boston Massacre Site and more. I had never seen so many things related to Paul Revere before. Texas social studies curriculum didn't touch on that much. After some shopping around and a few too many starbucks stops, we met up with a friend who took us to the Green Dragon Tavern and hang out for a while.

The next day Anna and I got up and went to check out Northeastern University (just in case...) and then headed to Cambridge to wander around and check out Harvard. We were heading back to Boston Common to hang out for a while, but then we realized that we were both falling asleep on the train and it would probably benefit both of us to get on an early bus home. It had been a busy couple days before and we were exhausted! I loved Boston though and it was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

That sounds so fun Katherine! I'm happy you had such a great time! Be safe...Love MOM xoxo